Please follow the simple steps below:
- If you are positioned on the new Start Screen, type the word “power” and Windows will automatically search for the term and will show the results.
- If it is positioned on the Desktop, move the cursor to the top right corner of the screen to access the new Charms Bar. Now click on the search option and type in “power” in the search box.
- Now click on the Settings link provided on the right sidebar of the search results page and then click on the link “Change what the power buttons do” given in the search results.
- This will open the Power Options window. Alternatives to open the same window by typing powercfg.cpl in RUN dialog box and press Enter, and then click on the link “Change what the power buttons do” given in the left sidebar.
- Now scroll down to the bottom and see the option “Turn on fast startup (recommended)” given in section Shutdown settings.
- Disable this option to eliminate boxed centangan checkbox and then click “Save Changes”.
- Done, restart your system and reboot or shutdown issues should be addressed in Windows 8.
NB: If the option is not displayed or clicked, scroll up and click the “Change settings that are currently unavailable”.
NOTE: If the above solutions do not solve its problems, we can try to run the following command in Command Prompt. Open a Command Prompt as an Administrator premises right click on the lower left corner and select the same option from the menu Win + X: